If you have started the construction of your house, then I am pretty sure that you would have definitely came across the word TMT steel as well as TMX steel. Moreover, you would have wondered what is the difference between these two and which one can be used for your construction.
To help you out, we have derived out what is TMX steel and how is it different from TMT steel bars.
Thermex steel bar also abbreviated has TMX steel is called as ‘New Generation Bar’. It is manufactured using German ‘THERMAX’ technology with the help of state-of-the-art manufacturing processes that results in production of superior quality steel.
While TMT Steel are ‘Thermo Mechanically Treated’ steel bars and are manufactured using ‘TEMPACORE’ technology. For residential constructions the most widely used steel is TMT.
Comparison: The major difference between TMX and TMT steel is its manufacturing process. As said earlier TMX rods are manufactured using THERMAX technology and TMT rods are manufactured using TEMPACORE technology. However, both these manufacturing processes yield different types of steel and on comparison with their physical aspects Thermex steel as higher quality than TMT steel.
So which properties of TMX makes it a better steel than TMT?
- One major property which highlights TMX rod is its ‘Heat/ Fire Resistance’ ability.
- Thermex has low carbon percentage i.e., 0.15% (TMT Steel carbon percentage: 0.30 Max).
- Thermex bars also has higher elongation i.e., 16 – 23% (TMT Steel – 14.5%), thus providing better resistance over earthquakes and other natures hazards.
- On comparison with TMT steel rods, Thermex rods have better ductility, weld-ability and bend-ability property.
- Their prominent Rib designs across the rod give them improved adhesive property and provides a longer life for the construction.
Hope our article as helped you to know what TMX or Thermex steel is and What is the difference between TMX and TMT steel. If you are looking for superior quality steel for your construction, please visit our website buildmaadi.com or call us at +91 9741 00 44 66.
At buildmaadi.com, we supply all major tmt steel brands at the best market prices.