Portland pozzolana cement also known as PPC Cement. In this article you will learn about the advantages of PPC cement and where it is used.
Advantages of PPC Cement:
- Gains higher strength in a long period.
- Highly resistant to sulphate and chloride attacks.
- Improved concrete density due to pore refinement.
- Has low permeability and porosity.
- Requires a low amount of water.
- Higher workability.
- Enhanced durability.
- Low heat of hydration.
Uses of PPC Cement:
- PPC cement is mainly used in residential and commercial buildings.
- Marine works like dams, reservoirs, buildings near coastal areas.
- Highly recommended for industrial structures.
- Mass concrete work and masonry work.