Ordinary portland cement also known as OPC cement. In this article learn about the advantages and uses of OPC cement.
Advantages of OPC Cement:
- High compressive strength in the early stages.
- Low alkali content provides better protection against alkali-aggregate reaction.
- High early strength facilitates speedy construction.
- Superior resistance to sulphate attack due to less C3A.
Uses of OPC Cement:
- Suitable for commercial, residential, industrial structures, highways, runways, bridges and high rise buildings.
- Recommended for all types of RCC structures, concrete blocks, paver blocks and more.
- Used for Pre-stressed concrete.
Also learn about:
- Advantages of PPC cement? | Where to use PPC cement?
- Physical and chemical properties of 43 Grade cement
- Physical and chemical properties of 53 Grade cement
- What are the Physical and chemical properties of PPC cement
Source: India cements