Portland pozzolana cement also abbreviated as PPC Cement. We recommend you to check whether the PPC cement brand that you purchase adhere to IS code.
Physical properties of PPC cement:
|Sl. No||Characteristics||Required Value |
(Specified by IS Code)
|1.||Fineness (by Blaines apparatus)||Not less than 300 m2/Kg|
|a) Le Chatelier method||Not more than 10 mm|
|b) Autoclave test||Not more than 0.8%|
|a) Initial setting time in minutes||Not less than 30|
|b) Final setting time in minutes||Not less than 600|
|a) 72 +/- 1 hour (3 days)||Not less than 16 MPa|
|b) 168 +/- 2 hours (7 days)||Not less than 22 MPa|
|c) 672 +/- 4 hours (28 days)||Not less than 33 MPa|
|5.||Drying shrinkage %||Not more than 0.15|
Chemical properties of PPC cement:
|Sl. No||Characteristics||Required value|
|1.||Total loss on ignition (% by mass)||Not more than 5.0|
|2.||Magnesia (% by mass)||Not more than 6.0|
|3.||Insoluble residue (% by mass)||Not more than x + 4(1000 – x)/ 100|
|4.||Sulphuric anhydride %||Not more than 3.5%|
|5.||Total chloride content %||Not more than 0.10%|
IS Code of PPC cement is IS: 1489-1 (Read more)
Also read about:
- Physical and chemical properties of 43 Grade cement
- Physical and chemical properties of 53 Grade cement
- Advantages of OPC cement? | Where to use OPC cement?
- Advantages of PPC cement? | Where to use PPC cement?
- What is the difference between cement and concrete? Which one should you use?